Optimizely Classic Android SDK
The Android SDK allows you to create and run experiments in your Android app.
Once the app with the Optimizely SDK is submitted to the App Store, you can run experiments and collect data (and even create new experiments) without re-submitting to the App Store. After you install the SDK in your app, you will be able to log into Optimizely's web application.
As a developer, you can use Optimizely's Classic Android SDK for:
There are three types of changes you can make in Optimizely, one of which (Visual Editor) requires no coding once the SDK is installed. You can make visual changes in our Visual Editor, modify Live Variable values, and control Code Blocks.
- Does not require code to configure and start experiments
- Allows you to modify properties of existing elements in between app releases (e.g. text, color, etc.)
- Start experiments and immediately push changes to your live app without requiring App Store review
- Requires Live Variables to already have been identified prior to App Store submission
- Optimizely allows you to change variable values in between releases
- Requires new code/features to be tested have already been submitted to App Store and approved
- Can perform phased roll-outs of new features for targeted group or percentage of your users directly from Optimizely
- Optimizely acts as the switch enabling you to intelligently activate your features/code and analyze the impact the new changes have made
For more details, check out the following articles:
Here are some resources to help you get started!
Plan Your Testing Strategy
- Optimization Essentials: Learn how to move the metrics that matter
- Mobile Testing Ideas: Try these low-effort, high-impact experiment ideas
Get Ready, Get Set, Test!
- Getting Started: Five simple steps to creating your first experiment
Any questions or feedback? File a support ticket.